Mary Tullila! She wrote, “One of my favorite places is along the shores of Lake Superior, in the Keewanaw peninsula, Copper Harbor, Mich. during Fall colours.” She’ll be receiving the InScribed necklace in the mail next week.
Sad that you didn’t win? You have another chance! Look for my second (and final) giveaway next week. Make sure you’ve signed up to follow my blog either through e-mail or WordPress Reader so you’ll get all the details. And please tell your friends!
Not only did Mary win the drawing, but she also got every answer correct on my little around-the-world challenge:
1. Garden of Gethsemane: visited Summer 2004 during my dig in Ashkelon, Israel.
2. Mendenhall Lake: canoed with the whole Haley clan Summer 2008 on an Alaskan Cruise celebrating David’s grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary.
3. Mount St. Helens: hiked on our fifth anniversary, July 5, 2008.
4. Key West: visited for one short day during our Spring 2010 Caribbean cruise. By the time we returned home, Nashville was flooding and we had the worst plane ride of our lives.
5. Beth Shemesh, Israel: This one’s a good story. My fellow archaeologists and I snuck onto the site for a self-guided tour. We only had Saturdays off of work, and all national sites are closed on Saturdays in honor of Shabbat.
6. East Canyon Reservoir, Utah: This one’s the inspiration for this little game. As David and I were hiking last weekend, I was impressed by how similar Utah’s landscape is to Israel’s. Unfortunately my photographs don’t do justice to either locale.