Amanda’s first book, Barren among the Fruitful: Navigating Infertility with Hope, Wisdom, and Patience, is now available from HarperCollins Christian Publishers online and in bookstores nationwide. It is an entertaining, insightful, and well-researched survey of the infertility challenges a growing number of women are facing in America and other developed nations. Inside you’ll find
- Basic statistics on the prevalence of infertility,
- Simple explanations of the most commonly used infertility treatments,
- Thoughtful discussions about marital, social, physical, financial, and faith issues that complicate a diagnosis of infertility,
- Practical suggestions on how to comfort friends struggling to have children,
- Humorous anecdotes from my own seven-year struggle and failure to carry a pregnancy to full-term,
- Personal stories of over a dozen women whose “family planning” didn’t go as they intended, and
- Fresh perspective on the plans God has for women–both barren and fruitful.
Whether you are currently struggling to have children, are making plans to start a family, are suffering the pain of never conceiving or of losing a child, or are wanting to better understand someone enduring fertility treatments; this book is written for you and about you.